A Hobby reignites the hobby!

Just after I had written my previous post yesterday complaining about how additions to my garden list were now in the hands of surprises, a surprise came!

Hobby flew east, high over the house. Not only is this my earliest ever Hobby, but it's also a full garden tick. And it certainly wasn't one I was expecting.

In fact, in less than an hour I had a total of 3 new garden lockdown ticks. Swallow was perhaps an overdue one but nonetheless the first Swallow of the year is always a thrill. Finally, I joined the Red Kite club, with one circling distantly to the south in the direction of Ibstock. I have never seen one even within 15 miles of home before so getting this from the house was almost as much of a surprise as the Hobby!

In any case, these additions bring my total to a tantalising 49. The 50th will certainly be a cause for celebration...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birding Trip Report: Mauritius 2019

Spurn Residential Volunteering 2021

Artificial Identification