Lockdown Listing

I've been diligently watching my garden for the past few days to increase my BWKM0 Garden List - I've now joined a league with other Leicestershire birders and the competition is tough to beat!
Over the past few days I've managed to add several new birds though:

Saturday: the day got off to a great start with a Raven and a Black-headed Gull in view at the same time - a double addition! A Pied Wagtail flew over in the evening
Sunday: no new birds came until the evening until 3 Redwing and 2 Fieldfare flew over in quick succession. Somehow my first Starling also put in an appearance.
Monday: difficult day with some rain but a male Reed Bunting was a great find.
Tuesday: the Reed Bunting was seen several times today, but the first new addition came when 2 Canada Goose flew loudly east.
Although not a garden tick, we rarely see Reed Bunting and rarely a male!
This takes my garden list to 32 species. I'm now impatiently waiting for the summer migrants as the obvious potential additions are starting to run out fast. I'm still counting on Song Thrush though which seems to have disappeared from the garden as soon as I've started listing.

Continuing to try out my phone lens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birding Trip Report: Mauritius 2019

Spurn Residential Volunteering 2021

Artificial Identification